WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. diamond, jewel, gem, precious stone
- usage: a transparent piece of diamond that has been cut and polished and is valued as a precious gem
- 2. diamond, adamant, carbon, C, atomic number 6, transparent gem
- usage: very hard native crystalline carbon valued as a gem
- 3. rhombus, rhomb, diamond, parallelogram
- usage: a parallelogram with four equal sides; an oblique-angled equilateral parallelogram
- 4. diamond, playing card
- usage: a playing card in the minor suit that has one or more red rhombuses on it; "he led a small diamond"; "diamonds were trumps"
- 5. baseball diamond, diamond, infield, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: the area of a baseball field that is enclosed by 3 bases and home plate
- 6. ball field, baseball field, diamond, playing field, athletic field, playing area, field
- usage: the baseball playing field
All rights reserved.
See also: diamond (Dictionary)