WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grey whale, gray whale, devilfish, Eschrichtius gibbosus, Eschrichtius robustus, baleen whale, whalebone whale
- usage: medium-sized greyish-black whale of the northern Pacific
- 2. octopus, devilfish, octopod
- usage: bottom-living cephalopod having a soft oval body with eight long tentacles
- 3. manta, manta ray, devilfish, ray
- usage: extremely large pelagic tropical ray that feeds on plankton and small fishes; usually harmless but its size make it dangerous if harpooned
All rights reserved.
See also: devilfish (Dictionary)