WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. detector, sensor, sensing element, device
- usage: any device that receives a signal or stimulus (as heat or pressure or light or motion etc.) and responds to it in a distinctive manner
- 2. detector, demodulator, rectifier
- usage: rectifier that extracts modulation from a radio carrier wave
- 3. detector, electronic equipment
- usage: electronic equipment that detects the presence of radio signals or radioactivity
All rights reserved.
See also: detector (Dictionary)