Synonyms of detain
- 1. confine, detain
- usage: deprive of freedom; take into confinement
- 2. stay, detain, delay, check, retard, delay
- usage: stop or halt; "Please stay the bloodshed!"
- 3. delay, detain, hold up, decelerate, slow, slow down, slow up, retard
- usage: cause to be slowed down or delayed; "Traffic was delayed by the bad weather"; "she delayed the work that she didn't want to perform"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of detain (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.