WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. detach, disconnect
- usage: cause to become detached or separated; take off; "detach the skin from the chicken before you eat it"
- 2. detach, separate, divide
- usage: separate (a small unit) from a larger, especially for a special assignment; "detach a regiment"
- 3. detach, come off, come away, separate, divide, part
- usage: come to be detached; "His retina detached and he had to be rushed into surgery"
All rights reserved.
See also: detach (Dictionary)