Synonyms of destroyed
- 1. destroy, destruct, unmake, undo
- usage: do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of; "The fire destroyed the house"
- 2. destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- 3. demolish, destroy, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat soundly; "The home team demolished the visitors"
- 4. destroy, put down, kill
- usage: put (an animal) to death; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"; "the sick cat had to be put down"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. destroyed (vs. preserved), annihilated, exterminated, wiped out(predicate), blighted, spoilt, blotted out, obliterate, obliterated, broken, wiped out(predicate), impoverished, burned, burnt, burned-over, burned-out, burnt-out, demolished, dismantled, razed, despoiled, pillaged, raped, ravaged, sacked, done for(predicate), kaput(predicate), gone(prenominal), extinguished, fallen, finished, ruined, scorched, shattered, tattered, totaled, war-torn, war-worn, wrecked, damaged
- usage: spoiled or ruined or demolished; "war left many cities destroyed"; "Alzheimer's is responsible for her destroyed mind"
- 2. destroyed, ruined, lost (vs. saved)
- usage: destroyed physically or morally
All rights reserved.