WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. destroy, destruct, unmake, undo
- usage: do away with, cause the destruction or undoing of; "The fire destroyed the house"
- 2. destroy, ruin
- usage: destroy completely; damage irreparably; "You have ruined my car by pouring sugar in the tank!"; "The tears ruined her make-up"
- 3. demolish, destroy, get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: defeat soundly; "The home team demolished the visitors"
- 4. destroy, put down, kill
- usage: put (an animal) to death; "The customs agents destroyed the dog that was found to be rabid"; "the sick cat had to be put down"
All rights reserved.
See also: destroy (Dictionary)