WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deplorable, distressing, lamentable, pitiful, sad, sorry, bad (vs. good)
- usage: bad; unfortunate; "my finances were in a deplorable state"; "a lamentable decision"; "her clothes were in sad shape"; "a sorry state of affairs"
- 2. deplorable, execrable, miserable, woeful, wretched, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of very poor quality or condition; "deplorable housing conditions in the inner city"; "woeful treatment of the accused"; "woeful errors of judgment"
- 3. condemnable, criminal, deplorable, reprehensible, vicious, wrong (vs. right)
- usage: bringing or deserving severe rebuke or censure; "a criminal waste of talent"; "a deplorable act of violence"; "adultery is as reprehensible for a husband as for a wife"
All rights reserved.
See also: deplorable (Dictionary)