Synonyms of depending on
- 1. depend on, devolve on, depend upon, ride, turn on, hinge on, hinge upon
- usage: be contingent on; "The outcomes rides on the results of the election"; "Your grade will depends on your homework"
- 2. depend on, depend upon, rely on, rely upon
- usage: put trust in with confidence; "she is someone you can really rely on when times get rough"; "you can rely on his discretion"
- 3. depend on, rely on
- usage: be dependent on, as for support or maintenance; "elderly parents often depend on their adult children"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contingent, contingent on(predicate), contingent upon(predicate), dependent on(predicate), dependant on(predicate), dependent upon(predicate), dependant upon(predicate), depending on(predicate), conditional (vs. unconditional)
- usage: determined by conditions or circumstances that follow; "arms sales contingent on the approval of congress"
All rights reserved.