- 1. dent, consequence, effect, outcome, result, event, issue, upshot
- usage: an appreciable consequence (especially a lessening); "it made a dent in my bank account"
- 2. incision, scratch, prick, slit, dent, depression, impression, imprint
- usage: a depression scratched or carved into a surface
- 3. dent, ding, gouge, nick, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. indent, dent, flex, bend, deform, twist, turn
- usage: make a depression into; "The bicycle dented my car"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dent (Dictionary)