Synonyms of denatured
- 1. denature, change, alter, modify
- usage: add nonfissionable material to (fissionable material) so as to make unsuitable for use in an atomic bomb
- 2. denature, change, alter, modify
- usage: modify (as a native protein) especially by heat, acid, alkali, or ultraviolet radiation so that all of the original properties are removed or diminished
- 3. denature, change, alter, modify
- usage: make (alcohol) unfit for drinking without impairing usefulness for other purposes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. denatured, denaturized, denaturised, changed (vs. unchanged)
- usage: changed in nature or natural quality; "denatured alcohol"
All rights reserved.