WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. delta, geological formation, formation, alluvial sediment, alluvial deposit, alluvium, alluvion
- usage: a low triangular area of alluvial deposits where a river divides before entering a larger body of water; "the Mississippi River delta"; "the Nile delta"
- 2. delta, equilateral triangle, equiangular triangle
- usage: an object shaped like an equilateral triangle
- 3. delta, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 4th letter of the Greek alphabet
All rights reserved.
See also: delta (Dictionary)