WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. daintiness, delicacy, fineness, elegance
- usage: the quality of being beautiful and delicate in appearance; "the daintiness of her touch"; "the fineness of her features"
- 2. dainty, delicacy, goody, kickshaw, treat, nutriment, nourishment, nutrition, sustenance, aliment, alimentation, victuals
- usage: something considered choice to eat
- 3. delicacy, discretion, taste, appreciation, discernment, perceptiveness
- usage: refined taste; tact
- 4. delicacy, slightness, smallness, littleness
- usage: smallness of stature
- 5. fragility, delicacy, weakness
- usage: lack of physical strength
- 6. delicacy, diplomacy, discreetness, finesse, tact, tactfulness
- usage: subtly skillful handling of a situation
- 7. airiness, delicacy, liveliness, life, spirit, sprightliness
- usage: lightness in movement or manner
All rights reserved.
See also: delicacy (Dictionary)