WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. omission, deletion, linguistic process
- usage: any process whereby sounds or words are left out of spoken words or phrases
- 2. deletion, mutation, genetic mutation, chromosomal mutation
- usage: (genetics) the loss or absence of one or more nucleotides from a chromosome
- 3. deletion, excision, cut, editing, redaction
- usage: the omission that is made when an editorial change shortens a written passage; "an editor's deletions frequently upset young authors"; "both parties agreed on the excision of the proposed clause"
- 4. deletion, removal, remotion
- usage: the act of deleting something written or printed
All rights reserved.
See also: deletion (Dictionary)