WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. degrade
- usage: reduce the level of land, as by erosion
- 2. take down, degrade, disgrace, demean, put down, humiliate, mortify, chagrin, humble, abase
- usage: reduce in worth or character, usually verbally; "She tends to put down younger women colleagues"; "His critics took him down after the lecture"
- 3. degrade, cheapen, worsen, aggravate, exacerbate, exasperate
- usage: lower the grade of something; reduce its worth
All rights reserved.
See also: degrade (Dictionary)