Synonyms of defy
- 1. defy, withstand, hold, hold up, resist, hold out, withstand, stand firm
- usage: resist or confront with resistance; "The politician defied public opinion"; "The new material withstands even the greatest wear and tear"; "The bridge held"
- 2. defy, resist, refuse, elude, escape
- usage: elude, especially in a baffling way; "This behavior defies explanation"
- 3. defy, dare, challenge
- usage: challenge; "I dare you!"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of defy (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.