Synonyms of deflect
- 1. debar, forefend, forfend, obviate, deflect, avert, head off, stave off, fend off, avoid, ward off, prevent, forestall, foreclose, preclude, forbid
- usage: prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening; "Let's avoid a confrontation"; "head off a confrontation"; "avert a strike"
- 2. deflect, bend, turn away, turn
- usage: turn from a straight course, fixed direction, or line of interest
- 3. deflect, turn
- usage: turn aside and away from an initial or intended course
- 4. distract, deflect, confuse, flurry, disconcert, put off
- usage: draw someone's attention away from something; "The thief distracted the bystanders"; "He deflected his competitors"
- 5. parry, block, deflect, fence
- usage: impede the movement of (an opponent or a ball); "block an attack"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of deflect (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.