WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deficient, lacking(predicate), wanting(predicate), inadequate (vs. adequate), unequal
- usage: inadequate in amount or degree; "a deficient education"; "deficient in common sense"; "lacking in stamina"; "tested and found wanting"
- 2. insufficient (vs. sufficient), deficient, depleted, low, inadequate, poor, short, lean, skimpy, light, scant(predicate), short, shy(predicate), meager#1, meagre#1, meagerly#1, stingy#2, scrimpy
- usage: of a quantity not able to fulfill a need or requirement; "insufficient funds"
- 3. deficient, inferior, substandard, nonstandard (vs. standard)
- usage: falling short of some prescribed norm; "substandard housing"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of deficient (Dictionary)