- 1. defect, imperfection, imperfectness
- usage: an imperfection in a bodily system; "visual defects"; "this device permits detection of defects in the lungs"
- 2. defect, shortcoming, disadvantage
- usage: a failing or deficiency; "that interpretation is an unfortunate defect of our lack of information"
- 3. defect, fault, flaw, imperfection, imperfectness
- usage: an imperfection in an object or machine; "a flaw caused the crystal to shatter"; "if there are any defects you should send it back to the manufacturer"
- 4. blemish, defect, mar, appearance, visual aspect
- usage: a mark or flaw that spoils the appearance of something (especially on a person's body); "a facial blemish"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. defect, desert, flee, fly, take flight
- usage: desert (a cause, a country or an army), often in order to join the opposing cause, country, or army; "If soldiers deserted Hitler's army, they were shot"
All rights reserved.
See also: defect (Dictionary)