Synonyms of defeated
- 1. defeated, discomfited, people
- usage: people who are defeated; "the Romans had no pity for the defeated"
- 1. get the better of, overcome, defeat
- usage: win a victory over; "You must overcome all difficulties"; "defeat your enemies"; "He overcame his shyness"; "He overcame his infirmity"; "Her anger got the better of her and she blew up"
- 2. kill, shoot down, defeat, vote down, vote out, veto, blackball, negative
- usage: thwart the passage of; "kill a motion"; "he shot down the student's proposal"
- 1. defeated (vs. undefeated), licked, subjugated, unsuccessful
- usage: beaten or overcome; not victorious; "the defeated enemy"
- 2. defeated, disappointed, discomfited, foiled, frustrated, thwarted, unsuccessful (vs. successful)
- usage: disappointingly unsuccessful; "disappointed expectations and thwarted ambitions"; "their foiled attempt to capture Calais"; "many frustrated poets end as pipe-smoking teachers"; "his best efforts were thwarted"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.