- 1. decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- 2. deck, adorn, decorate, grace, embellish, beautify, be
- usage: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- 3. decorate, honor, honour, reward
- usage: award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- 4. dress, decorate, arrange, set up
- usage: provide with decoration; "dress the windows"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adorned (vs. unadorned), decorated, beady, gemmed, jeweled, jewelled, sequined, spangled, spangly, bedaubed, bespectacled, monocled, spectacled, brocaded, embossed, raised, buttony, carbuncled, champleve, cloisonne, clinquant, tinseled, tinselly, crested, plumed, crested, topknotted, tufted, crested, crocketed, feathery, feathered, plumy, frilled, frilly, ruffled, fringed, gilt-edged, inflamed, inlaid, inwrought, tessellated, mounted, paneled, wainscoted, studded, tapestried, tasseled, tasselled, tricked-out, tufted, clothed#1, clad, fancy
- usage: provided with something intended to increase its beauty or distinction
All rights reserved.
See also: decorated (Dictionary)