WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decline, declination, condition, status
- usage: a condition inferior to an earlier condition; a gradual falling off from a better state
- 2. descent, declivity, fall, decline, declination, declension, downslope, slope, incline, side
- usage: a downward slope or bend
- 3. declination, celestial latitude, dec, angular distance
- usage: (astronomy) the angular distance of a celestial body north or to the south of the celestial equator; expressed in degrees; used with right ascension to specify positions on the celestial sphere
- 4. declination, regrets, refusal, acknowledgment, acknowledgement
- usage: a polite refusal of an invitation
All rights reserved.
See also: declination (Dictionary)