Synonyms of decayed
- 1. disintegrate, decay, decompose, change integrity
- usage: lose a stored charge, magnetic flux, or current; "the particles disintegrated during the nuclear fission process"
- 2. decay, crumble, dilapidate, change
- usage: fall into decay or ruin; "The unoccupied house started to decay"
- 3. decay, change
- usage: undergo decay or decomposition; "The body started to decay and needed to be cremated"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. decayed, rotten, rotted, unsound (vs. sound)
- usage: damaged by decay; hence unsound and useless; "rotten floor boards"; "rotted beams"; "a decayed foundation"
All rights reserved.