- 1. deaf, people
- usage: people who have severe hearing impairments; "many of the deaf use sign language"
- 1. deafen, deaf, desensitize, desensitise
- usage: make or render deaf; "a deafening noise"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. deaf (vs. hearing), deaf-and-dumb, deaf-mute, deafened, hard-of-hearing, hearing-impaired, profoundly deaf, stone-deaf, deaf as a post, unhearing, tone-deaf
- usage: lacking or deprived of the sense of hearing wholly or in part
- 2. deaf(predicate), indifferent(predicate), heedless (vs. heedful), unheeding
- usage: (usually followed by `to') unwilling or refusing to pay heed; "deaf to her warnings"
All rights reserved.
See also: deaf (Dictionary)