Synonyms of deadened
- 1. dampen, deaden, damp, dampen, damp, soften, weaken, break
- usage: make vague or obscure or make (an image) less visible; "muffle the message"
- 2. girdle, deaden, incise
- usage: cut a girdle around so as to kill by interrupting the circulation of water and nutrients; "girdle the plant"
- 3. deaden, change, alter, modify
- usage: make vapid or deprive of spirit; "deadened wine"
- 4. deaden, retard
- usage: lessen the momentum or velocity of; "deaden a ship's headway"
- 5. deaden, change
- usage: become lifeless, less lively, intense, or active; lose life, force, or vigor
- 6. deaden, blunt, change, alter, modify
- usage: make less lively, intense, or vigorous; impair in vigor, force, activity, or sensation; "Terror blunted her feelings"; "deaden a sound"
- 7. deaden, convert
- usage: convert (metallic mercury) into a grey powder consisting of minute globules, as by shaking with chalk or fatty oil
- 1. dead, deadened, insensitive (vs. sensitive)
- usage: devoid of physical sensation; numb; "his gums were dead from the novocain"; "she felt no discomfort as the dentist drilled her deadened tooth"; "a public desensitized by continuous television coverage of atrocities"
- 2. deadened, dull (vs. sharp)
- usage: made or become less intense; "the deadened pangs of hunger"
All rights reserved.