Synonyms of dam
- 1. dam, dike, dyke, barrier
- usage: a barrier constructed to contain the flow of water or to keep out the sea
- 2. decameter, dekameter, decametre, dekametre, dam, dkm, metric linear unit
- usage: a metric unit of length equal to ten meters
- 3. dam, female
- usage: female parent of an animal especially domestic livestock
- 1. dam, dam up, obstruct, obturate, impede, occlude, jam, block, close up
- usage: obstruct with, or as if with, a dam; "dam the gorges of the Yangtse River"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of dam (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.