- 1. court, tribunal, judicature, assembly
- usage: an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
- 2. court, courtroom, room
- usage: a room in which a lawcourt sits; "television cameras were admitted in the courtroom"
- 3. court, royal court, government, authorities, regime
- usage: the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state
- 4. court, playing field, athletic field, playing area, field
- usage: a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played; "players had to reserve a court in advance"
- 5. Court, Margaret Court
- usage: Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947)
- 6. court, royal court, cortege, retinue, suite, entourage
- usage: the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince
- 7. motor hotel, motor inn, motor lodge, tourist court, court, hotel
- usage: a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area
- 8. court, lawcourt, court of law, court of justice, court, tribunal, judicature
- usage: a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws
- 9. court, residence
- usage: the residence of a sovereign or nobleman; "the king will visit the duke's court"
- 10. court, courtyard, area
- usage: an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings; "the house was built around an inner court"
- 11. court, homage, deference, respect
- usage: respectful deference; "pay court to the emperor"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. woo, court, romance, solicit, act, move
- usage: make amorous advances towards; "John is courting Mary"
- 2. woo, court
- usage: seek someone's favor; "China is wooing Russia"
- 3. court, act, move
- usage: engage in social activities leading to marriage; "We were courting for over ten years"
All rights reserved.
See also: court (Dictionary)