- 1. counterpoint, polyphony, polyphonic music, concerted music
- usage: a musical form involving the simultaneous sound of two or more melodies
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. contrast, counterpoint, differ
- usage: to show differences when compared; be different; "the students contrast considerably in their artistic abilities"
- 2. counterpoint, compose, write
- usage: write in counterpoint; "Bach perfected the art of counterpointing"
All rights reserved.
See also: counterpoint (Dictionary)