WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. constancy, stability, changelessness, unchangeability, unchangeableness, unchangingness
- usage: the quality of being enduring and free from change or variation; "early mariners relied on the constancy of the trade winds"
- 2. constancy, perceptual constancy, perception
- usage: (psychology) the tendency for perceived objects to give rise to very similar perceptual experiences in spite of wide variations in the conditions of observation
- 3. constancy, fidelity, faithfulness
- usage: faithfulness and dependability in personal attachments (especially sexual fidelity)
All rights reserved.
See also: constancy (Dictionary)