Synonyms of conservative
- 1. conservative, conservativist, adult, grownup
- usage: a person who is reluctant to accept changes and new ideas
- 2. Conservative, member, fellow member
- usage: a member of a Conservative Party
- 1. conservative (vs. liberal), blimpish, buttoned-up, fusty, standpat(prenominal), unprogressive, nonprogressive, hidebound, traditionalist, ultraconservative, orthodox, right
- usage: resistant to change
- 2. conservative, right (vs. left) (vs. center)
- usage: having social or political views favoring conservatism
- 3. cautious, conservative, moderate (vs. immoderate)
- usage: avoiding excess; "a conservative estimate"
- 4. button-down, buttoned-down, conservative, conventional (vs. unconventional)
- usage: unimaginatively conventional; "a colorful character in the buttoned-down, dull-grey world of business"- Newsweek
- 5. bourgeois, conservative, materialistic, middle-class (vs. upper-class) (vs. lower-class)
- usage: conforming to the standards and conventions of the middle class; "a bourgeois mentality"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of conservative (Dictionary)