Synonyms of commonwealth
- 1. commonwealth, state, province
- usage: the official name of some states in the United States (Massachusetts and Pennsylvania and Virginia and Kentucky) and associated territories (Puerto Rico)
- 2. state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body politic, political unit, political entity
- usage: a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation's capitol"; "the country's largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized land"
- 3. commonwealth, world organization, world organisation, international organization, international organisation, global organization
- usage: a world organization of autonomous states that are united in allegiance to a central power but are not subordinate to it or to one another
- 4. democracy, republic, commonwealth, political system, form of government
- usage: a political system in which the supreme power lies in a body of citizens who can elect people to represent them
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of commonwealth (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.