Synonyms of come on
- 1. bait, come-on, hook, lure, sweetener, temptation, enticement
- usage: anything that serves as an enticement
- 2. lure, enticement, come-on, attraction, attractiveness
- usage: qualities that attract by seeming to promise some kind of reward
- 1. come on, come out, turn up, surface, show up, appear
- usage: appear or become visible; make a showing; "She turned up at the funeral"; "I hope the list key is going to surface again"
- 2. approach, near, come on, go up, draw near, draw close, come near, come, come up
- usage: move towards; "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- 3. progress, come on, come along, advance, get on, get along, shape up, develop
- usage: develop in a positive way; "He progressed well in school"; "My plants are coming along"; "Plans are shaping up"
- 4. go on, come up, come on, start, go, get going
- usage: start running, functioning, or operating; "the lights went on"; "the computer came up"
- 5. come on, get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: occur or become available; "water or electricity came on again after the earthquake"
All rights reserved.