- 1. collateral, security interest
- usage: a security pledged for the repayment of a loan
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. collateral (vs. lineal), indirect, related
- usage: descended from a common ancestor but through different lines; "cousins are collateral relatives"; "an indirect descendant of the Stuarts"
- 2. collateral, confirmative, confirming, confirmatory, corroborative, corroboratory, substantiating, substantiative, validating, validatory, verificatory, verifying, supportive (vs. unsupportive)
- usage: serving to support or corroborate; "collateral evidence"
- 3. collateral, secondary (vs. primary)
- usage: accompany, concomitant; "collateral target damage from a bombing run"
- 4. collateral, parallel (vs. perpendicular) (vs. oblique)
- usage: situated or running side by side; "collateral ridges of mountains"
All rights reserved.
See also: collateral (Dictionary)