Synonyms of collapsed
- 1. collapse, fall in, cave in, give, give way, break, founder, change
- usage: break down, literally or metaphorically; "The wall collapsed"; "The business collapsed"; "The dam broke"; "The roof collapsed"; "The wall gave in"; "The roof finally gave under the weight of the ice"
- 2. break down, collapse, suffer, sustain, have, get
- usage: collapse due to fatigue, an illness, or a sudden attack
- 3. collapse, fold, fold up, turn up
- usage: fold or close up; "fold up your umbrella"; "collapse the music stand"
- 4. crumble, crumple, tumble, break down, collapse, change integrity
- usage: fall apart; "the building crumbled after the explosion"; "Negotiations broke down"
- 5. collapse, burst
- usage: cause to burst; "The ice broke the pipe"
- 6. crack up, crack, crock up, break up, collapse, suffer, sustain, have, get
- usage: suffer a nervous breakdown
- 7. collapse, weaken
- usage: lose significance, effectiveness, or value; "The school system is collapsing"; "The stock market collapsed"
All rights reserved.