Synonyms of clinched
- 1. clinch, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: secure or fasten by flattening the ends of nails or bolts; "The girder was clinched into the wall"
- 2. clinch, hold, take hold
- usage: hold a boxing opponent with one or both arms so as to prevent punches
- 3. clench, clinch, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: hold in a tight grasp; "clench a steering wheel"
- 4. clinch, embrace, hug, bosom, squeeze
- usage: embrace amorously
- 5. clinch, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: flatten the ends (of nails and rivets); "the nails were clinched"
- 6. clinch, settle, square off, square up, determine
- usage: settle conclusively; "clinch a deal"
- 1. clenched, clinched, tight (vs. loose)
- usage: closed or squeezed together tightly; "a clenched fist"; "his clenched (or clinched) teeth"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.