Synonyms of check out
- 1. check, checkout, check-out procedure, inspection, review
- usage: the act of inspecting or verifying; "they made a check of their equipment"; "the pilot ran through the check-out procedure"
- 2. checkout, checkout time, departure time, time of departure
- usage: the latest time for vacating a hotel room; "the checkout here is 12 noon"
- 3. checkout, checkout counter, counter
- usage: a counter in a supermarket where you pay for your purchases
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. check, check up on, look into, check out, suss out, check over, go over, check into, analyze, analyse, study, examine, canvass, canvas
- usage: examine so as to determine accuracy, quality, or condition; "check the brakes"; "Check out the engine"
- 2. check out, report
- usage: announce one's departure from a hotel
- 3. check, check out
- usage: be verified or confirmed; pass inspection; "These stories don't check!"
- 4. run down, check out, pursue, follow up on, act on
- usage: trace; "We are running down a few tips"
- 5. check out
- usage: record, add up, and receive payment for items purchased; "She was checking out the apples that the customer had put on the conveyer belt"
- 6. cheque, check out, withdraw, draw, take out, draw off
- usage: withdraw money by writing a check
- 7. check out, sound out, feel out, question, query
- usage: try to learn someone's opinions and intentions; "I have to sound out the new professor"
All rights reserved.