Synonyms of charming
- 1. capture, enamour, trance, catch, becharm, enamor, captivate, beguile, charm, fascinate, bewitch, entrance, enchant, attract, appeal
- usage: attract; cause to be enamored; "She captured all the men's hearts"
- 2. charm, becharm, control, command
- usage: control by magic spells, as by practicing witchcraft
- 3. charm, protect
- usage: protect through supernatural powers or charms
- 4. charm, influence, tempt, persuade
- usage: induce into action by using one's charm; "She charmed him into giving her all his money"
- 1. charming, pleasing (vs. displeasing)
- usage: pleasing or delighting; "endowed with charming manners"; "a charming little cottage"; "a charming personality"
- 2. charming, magic, magical, sorcerous, witching(prenominal), wizard(prenominal), wizardly, supernatural (vs. natural)
- usage: possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers; "charming incantations"; "magic signs that protect against adverse influence"; "a magical spell"; "'tis now the very witching time of night"- Shakespeare; "wizard wands"; "wizardly powers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of charming (Dictionary)