Synonyms of cant
- 1. buzzword, cant, nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum
- usage: stock phrases that have become nonsense through endless repetition
- 2. bank, cant, camber, slope, incline, side
- usage: a slope in the turn of a road or track; the outside is higher than the inside in order to reduce the effects of centrifugal force
- 3. slang, cant, jargon, lingo, argot, patois, vernacular, non-standard speech
- usage: a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"
- 4. cant, pious platitude, talk, talking
- usage: insincere talk about religion or morals
- 5. bevel, cant, chamfer, edge
- usage: two surfaces meeting at an angle different from 90 degrees
- 1. cant, cant over, tilt, slant, pitch, move
- usage: heel over; "The tower is tilting"; "The ceiling is slanting"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of cant (Dictionary)