Synonyms of bucks
- 1. vaulting horse, long horse, buck, horse, gymnastic horse
- usage: a gymnastic horse without pommels and with one end elongated; used lengthwise for vaulting
- 2. dollar, dollar bill, one dollar bill, buck, clam, bill, note, government note, bank bill, banker's bill, bank note, banknote, Federal Reserve note, greenback
- usage: a piece of paper money worth one dollar
- 3. Buck, Pearl Buck, Pearl Sydenstricker Buck
- usage: United States author whose novels drew on her experiences as a missionary in China (1892-1973)
- 4. sawhorse, horse, sawbuck, buck, framework
- usage: a framework for holding wood that is being sawed
- 5. buck, placental, placental mammal, eutherian, eutherian mammal
- usage: mature male of various mammals (especially deer or antelope)
- 1. buck, endeavor, endeavour, strive
- usage: to strive with determination; "John is bucking for a promotion"
- 2. buck, go against, react, oppose
- usage: resist; "buck the trend"
- 3. tear, shoot, shoot down, charge, buck, rush, hotfoot, hasten, hie, speed, race, pelt along, rush along, cannonball along, bucket along, belt along, step on it
- usage: move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- 4. buck, jerk, hitch, move
- usage: jump vertically, with legs stiff and back arched; "the yung filly bucked"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bucks (Dictionary)