Synonyms of broody
- 1. brood hen, broody, broody hen, setting hen, sitter, hen, biddy
- usage: a domestic hen ready to brood
- 1. broody, oviparous (vs. ovoviviparous) (vs. viviparous)
- usage: physiologically ready to incubate eggs; "a broody hen"
- 2. brooding, broody, contemplative, meditative, musing, pensive, pondering, reflective, ruminative, thoughtful (vs. thoughtless)
- usage: deeply or seriously thoughtful; "Byron lives on not only in his poetry, but also in his creation of the 'Byronic hero' - the persona of a brooding melancholy young man";
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of broody (Dictionary)