Synonyms of blood
- 1. blood, liquid body substance, bodily fluid, body fluid, humor, humour
- usage: the fluid (red in vertebrates) that is pumped through the body by the heart and contains plasma, blood cells, and platelets; "blood carries oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and carries away waste products"; "the ancients believed that blood was the seat of the emotions"
- 2. blood, disposition, temperament
- usage: temperament or disposition; "a person of hot blood"
- 3. rake, rakehell, profligate, rip, blood, roue, libertine, debauchee, rounder
- usage: a dissolute man in fashionable society
- 4. lineage, line, line of descent, descent, bloodline, blood line, blood, pedigree, ancestry, origin, parentage, stemma, stock, genealogy, family tree
- usage: the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
- 5. blood, people
- usage: people viewed as members of a group; "we need more young blood in this organization"
- 1. blood, daub, smear
- usage: smear with blood, as in a hunting initiation rite, where the face of a person is smeared with the blood of the kill
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of blood (Dictionary)