WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. baton, wand, rod
- usage: a thin tapered rod used by a conductor to lead an orchestra or choir
- 2. truncheon, nightstick, baton, billy, billystick, billy club, club
- usage: a short stout club used primarily by policemen
- 3. baton, staff
- usage: a short staff carried by some officials to symbolize an office or an authority
- 4. baton, rod
- usage: a hollow metal rod that is wielded or twirled by a drum major or drum majorette
- 5. baton, sports implement
- usage: a hollow cylinder passed from runner to runner in a relay race
All rights reserved.
See also: baton (Dictionary)