- 1. bark, covering, natural covering, cover
- usage: tough protective covering of the woody stems and roots of trees and other woody plants
- 2. bark, noise
- usage: a noise resembling the bark of a dog
- 3. bark, barque, sailing vessel, sailing ship
- usage: a sailing ship with 3 (or more) masts
- 4. bark, cry
- usage: the sound made by a dog
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bark, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak in an unfriendly tone; "She barked into the dictaphone"
- 2. bark, cover
- usage: cover with bark
- 3. bark, skin, strip
- usage: remove the bark of a tree
- 4. bark, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: make barking sounds; "The dogs barked at the stranger"
- 5. bark, tan
- usage: tan (a skin) with bark tannins
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of bark (Dictionary)