- 1. ash, residue
- usage: the residue that remains when something is burned
- 2. ash, ash tree, tree
- usage: any of various deciduous pinnate-leaved ornamental or timber trees of the genus Fraxinus
- 3. ash, wood
- usage: strong elastic wood of any of various ash trees; used for furniture and tool handles and sporting goods such as baseball bats
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ash, change, alter, modify
- usage: convert into ashes
All rights reserved.
See also: ash (Dictionary)