WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. architecture, building, edifice
- usage: an architectural product or work
- 2. architecture, discipline, subject, subject area, subject field, field, field of study, study, bailiwick, fine arts, beaux arts
- usage: the discipline dealing with the principles of design and construction and ornamentation of fine buildings; "architecture and eloquence are mixed arts whose end is sometimes beauty and sometimes use"
- 3. architecture, profession
- usage: the profession of designing buildings and environments with consideration for their esthetic effect
- 4. computer architecture, architecture, structure
- usage: (computer science) the structure and organization of a computer's hardware or system software; "the architecture of a computer's system software"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of architecture (Dictionary)