- 1. ally, consort, associate, affiliate, assort
- usage: become an ally or associate, as by a treaty or marriage; "He allied himself with the Communists"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. allied, related (vs. unrelated)
- usage: related by common characteristics or ancestry; "allied species"; "allied studies"
- 2. Allied
- usage: of or relating to or denoting the Allies in World War II; "an Allied victory"; "the Allied armies"
- 3. Allied
- usage: of or relating to or denoting the Allies in World War I; "an allied offensive"; "the Allied powers"
- 4. allied, confederate, confederative, united (vs. divided)
- usage: united in a confederacy or league
- 5. allied, aligned (vs. nonaligned)
- usage: joined by treaty or agreement
All rights reserved.
See also: allied (Dictionary)