WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. estrange, alienate, alien, disaffect, change, alter, modify
- usage: arouse hostility or indifference in where there had formerly been love, affection, or friendliness; "She alienated her friends when she became fanatically religious"
- 2. alien, alienate, transfer
- usage: transfer property or ownership; "The will aliened the property to the heirs"
- 3. alienate, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: make withdrawn or isolated or emotionally dissociated; "the boring work alienated his employees"
All rights reserved.
See also: alienate (Dictionary)