- 1. agnostic, doubter, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: someone who is doubtful or noncommittal about something
- 2. agnostic, religious person
- usage: a person who claims that they cannot have true knowledge about the existence of God (but does not deny that God might exist)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. agnostic
- usage: of or pertaining to an agnostic or agnosticism
- 2. agnostic (vs. gnostic), agnostical, nescient, unbelieving
- usage: uncertain of all claims to knowledge
All rights reserved.
See also: agnostic (Dictionary)