WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. avowal, avouchment, affirmation, assertion, averment, asseveration
- usage: a statement asserting the existence or the truth of something
- 2. affirmation, assertion, statement, speech act
- usage: the act of affirming or asserting or stating something
- 3. affirmation, commitment, dedication
- usage: (religion) a solemn declaration that serves the same purpose as an oath (if an oath is objectionable to the person on religious or ethical grounds)
- 4. affirmation, judgment, judgement, judicial decision
- usage: a judgment by a higher court that the judgment of a lower court was correct and should stand
All rights reserved.
See also: affirmation (Dictionary)