WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. matter, affair, thing, concern
- usage: a vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
- 2. affair, affaire, intimacy, liaison, involvement, amour, sexual relationship
- usage: a usually secretive or illicit sexual relationship
- 3. affair, occasion, social occasion, function, social function, social event
- usage: a vaguely specified social event; "the party was quite an affair"; "an occasion arranged to honor the president"; "a seemingly endless round of social functions"
All rights reserved.
See also: affair (Dictionary)